2012 has brought me many lessons already. I know:
– my body does not like sugar any more, as it stings my mouth
– I fear silence much more than I thought
– I want approval – or at least encouragement & validation – even when I know it doesn’t matter
– clearing the space for inner work is vital for my soul’s growth & my journal is as precious to me as gold
– I don’t understand much of what’s happening but I know it’s “all good”
– I am enjoying going more slowly already
– I have lived too long in my head with my Master NLP, Hypnotherapy, Reiki & all the studying & reading I’ve done on happiness, thinking & brain/body links
– its time to re-connect to my body & emotions fully, as without this I have a one dimensional understanding of happiness
– I’ve more discipline than I thought (thanks Richard Bandler)
– Removing the ego is hard. It’s stuck with superglue and sewn under my skin. Like learning compassion, I’m realising this will be a life-long lesson for me
– It hurts, this change, this stepping into the silence that means I truly know myself. And I had forgotten how painful change can be, even when I want it.
And that’s just for starters. As I was thinking about this I realised that what really matters this year is me. I need to love, inspire, nurture & encourage me & then do the same for others. If I walk my path with integrity then this will all come back to me as I attract what I focus on. So it’s all good again.
And then I read Louise Hay’s thought for today which says, “I give to others all the things I wish to receive.” Now that’s a miracle of validation 🙂
That’s all I’m meant to do. It’s time to put aside my fears, it’s time to just relax and be me, and that also means it’s time to let everything else go.
So then; let me let those go of anything that no longer serves my higher good. I have no need to hold on to anyone who do not wish to hear what I say. They are simply marching to the beat of their own drum after all. Let me let those go who see no value in anything I do, knowing their eyes scan what is irrelevant to them and settle on what brings them beauty and meaning. They have walked with me until now, but I must give them freedom to walk their own paths and let them go in love. And wish them joy.
I’m just grateful that I all-ready know that letting go is what creates space for the new and wonderful-to-come. Bring it on!