A better day today, in all-ways…
– walked to the train and back again, and Lee met me with Bailey on the way home
– had a lovely lunch hour catching up with friends instead of racing around like I too often do
– cleared all my office drawers in preparation for our office move and de-cluttered in the process (always a nurturing thing to do)
– asked for help in making dinner and got a lovely chicken casserole made for me, and help washing the dishes without asking
– Made a note to myself to get a better umbrella so I can make sure my hair doesn’t start to go quite as frizzy given the amount of rain we are getting! Or else nurture myself by getting up earlier to wash my hair and make sure it’s rain-ready!
– chose a lovely salad for work/bought a packet of crisps (my previous downfall) and ate three & threw the rest out, asking myself how this was nurturing me
– although hungry, and with lots of time on my hands, walked through M&S looking at various things asking what would nurture me,and realised nothing would when I was going home to dinner – and treated myself to a coffee and a newspaper instead
The funny thing is that it’s seems to be catching. My lovely husband (who does so wonderfully nurture me, when I let him) has treated me to a spa day and afternoon tea at some point in the future. And one of the members of Team Caroline has changed phones to give herself a break from social networking too, as a way of nurturing herself. I’m loving that! I’m loving that in me making this a priority for me, it IS like the oxygen theory. On an aeroplane, if need be, the pilot will advise YOU to put on your own oxygen mask first before helping anyone else, as only then can you honestly help someone else… seems this nurturing malarkey might be the same. By giving myself permission to do this, I am in some way giving others permission to do the same, so we are all happier. Whoop!