Try any of these for size:
1. Let money be your main guide to what you do with your life
2. Be vulnerable to the people you already know won’t support you
3. Ignore or override your inner voice, or heart, or soul
4. Continue to live a constantly unbalanced life
5. Follow someone else’s dream for you
6. Stay stuck with who you are with because it’s better than being alone
7. Fail to set and maintain appropriate boundaries
8. Depend wholly on external validation
9. Don’t go looking for your tribe
10. Fail to forgive and let resentment build up
11. Give from a place of emptiness or duty
12. Keep blaming others for where you are now
We are all born originals – why is it so many of us die copies?
– Edward Young
So who am I? Why am I original – and in living authentically, I will never be a copy. No reality TV “inspiration” for me! I’m a mother, wife, writer, lover, colleague, teacher, student, friend. Neighbour, swimmer, walker, talker, ex JP, ex wife, ex Toastmaster, woman, encourager, darkness & light, expert, seeker, searcher, Anam Cara, shit-stirrer, pilgrim, solitary, hermit, connector, poet, artist, creator, keener, traveller, tourist, wanderer, lover of home. Leader, see-Ee, pointer, healer, helper, judge, wise woman. Foolish woman. Tribe seeker, peace-keeper, exiled, flagellator, un-merciful, grace-less, full of grace. Unforgiving, too forgiving. Controller, goddess, sensual, passionate, cold. Wild, fearful, courageous. Co-creator, stroppy, moody, wild, earthed, agitated, calm, Pollyanna, no angel. Nurturer of others, forgetter and ignorer of myself. Manifester, generator, ignitor. I am present, past and all my hope and dreams.
And that’s only the start if it! I’m a mass of contradictions – but I AM wonderfully uniquely me, I am!